Sunday 7 August 2011

In My Mailbox #2

Soooo, it's Sunday, which means, time for IMM! I did my last (and first ever) IMM feature last Thursday I believe and I was tempted to do it again this Thursday but I was due to get a few more books so I held up till they got here and thought I'd do it altogether! :)

So, the great people at Strident Publishing sent me "Nothing" by Jane Teller for review and the first in the Rebel Angel Series, "Firebrand" by Gillian Philip. While Penguin Books sent me "Between Shades of Gray"; all 3 of the above have been read (enjoyed greatly) and reviewed, so click the titles and you can check my reviews out :)

 Following on, I had a huge box from the awesome Quirk Publishers, who sent me the following, "Captain Jack Sparrows Handbook" , anddd "The Jane Austen Handbook",(click for review) as welll as "The Meowmorposhis" and finally "Dreadfully Ever After."

 The next two I was SO excited about! "Bloodstone" by Gillian Philip (click for review) is the 2nd in the Rebel Angel Series and it was amazing! Buttt the main glory on my shelf was my copy of "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs.

I've been eagerly awaiting this book for so long since I read a PDF of the first 3 chapters! I'm currently near to finishing it, won't say no more, and will post a review soon! :) Also, the pages and chapters and cover were beautiful, I love just looking at it time after time haha ;)

     



And FINALLLYYY the last 2 books I got for review from Oxford Uni Press, who were so very kind and even left me a note inside haha, but I have "Firelight" by sophie Jordan (which I just finished this morning and it was AWESOME! Click on book for review) and "The Hidden kingdom" by Ian Beck, which I'm excited to read :)

& that's a wrap up! I need to get onto reading the rest of these amazing books and reviewing them, but how did your IMM week go? :) Feel free to share, leave a comment below or link so I can check yours out!

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. oooooo you got some good books this week!!!!! I love the cover for Hidden Kingdom!!! you need to read that one soon and post a review so I can see if I want to get it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, the cover's sooo shiny, I kept stroking it and thinking "purrr" haha after I finish Miss Peregrine's book, Hidden Kingdom is next so I'll let you know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great to meet a UK blogger! YAY *does a little dance* and *waves to you from Cornwall*
    Love your In my mailbox this week, I am dying to buy the Peculiar children, heard a lot about it. Hope you enjoy it.

    Stop by :) http://wordsontheshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks haha, I'll be posting a review shortly for Miss Peregrine's book so hopefully that'll be the clincher for if you should buy it or not :)

    ReplyDelete