Thursday 31 December 2015

The good, the bad, the ugly, and everything in between in 2015 - Post.

The good, the bad, the ugly, and everything in between in 2015.

Well well well, would you look at that, we’ve come to the end of another year eh? All in the blink of an eye, snap of a finger, etc etc you get the gist. It’s been a whirlwind of a year for books of course, with some epic reads and some even bigger epic fails hitting us all. I’ve compiled a nice and nifty little post today (which if you’re reading this right now, ALERT, ALERT, YOU’RE ON THE POST). I don’t know why I did that okay, it’s just end of year bizarro.

Anyway. So what I have for you today is a selection of the best books I’ve read this year; not necessarily all 2015 releases, but just books I picked up in 2015 and LOVED with all my heart and little black soul. 

Following that, I have the worst; and not exactly the worst worst books, but rather books that heavily disappointed me after certain expectations and others which just simply didn’t live up to their hype. Again, not the worst books by a far stretch, but just books I wanted more from and failed to find.

Finally, I have handful of books that I just never finished - while they don’t fall into the good and bad category, I think they’re worth mentioning for me, just as a neat little wrap-up for the year. 

So, we just about ready and rearing to go? Have a mug of hot chocolate at the ready, this is going to be a loOoong one knowing me. Also be sure to clickity click the titles to take you to my reviews of each one on the blog and GoodReads. 

The toe-curling-and-wondrous-good:

  

    The Sin Eater's Daughter  | Love & Other Unknown Variables | Saint Anything
           Melinda Salisbury               Shannon Lee Alexander                 Sarah Dessen      

  

                              Me Before You | The One Plus One | The Wrath & The Dawn
                                   Jojo Moyes          Jojo Moyes                Renee Ahdieh

The-not-bad-but-not-great-either-and-total-letdowns: 

Sub category A: disappointing 

   

                                        Storm | What I Thought Was True | Liars, Inc
                      Brigid Kemmerer         Huntley Fitzpatrick          Paula Stokes

                                     The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks
                                                                E. Lockhart

Sub-category B: Not worth the hype

  

                         Sarah J Maas                      Jenny Han                      Julie Murphy


Didn’t Finish:






__________

There we have it folks, the best and worst and in betweens of 2015 in books for me, Sahina Bibi. I’ll also take a moment to mention that whilst looking through my review archive, I found that I’ve picked up more than one fantasy book, which is a big deal for me - given that I was never fond of it. But with the likes of Throne Of Glass opening up my heart, I’m more inclined to pick fantasy books up if they’ve gotten rave reviews. *pats fat self on back


What have you discovered, if anything, about your bookish likes and dislikes this year? What’s been on your good and bad wrap-up list? And what are you guys looking forward to in books for 2016? 

TELL ME ALL, I WILL BE YOUR BOOKISH AGONY AUNT

… and on that cringe-worthy note, hope you all have a lovely holiday season and bring in the New Year with a bang and a boom (and safely, please). Have a blast! 


Will see you all on the other side ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment