Friday 27 June 2014

Breakable (Contours Of The Heart #2) - Tammara Webber; Review.


Book Details:
Paperback: 448 pages
Publisher: Penguin (7 May 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0141347546
ISBN-13: 978-0141347547
Source: Review/Purchased/Gift

Summary:
He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.

As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.

Links To Buy:




Rating:

Review:

Thank you first off, to Penguin for sending me a copy of this for review; this is book 2 in the Contours of The Heart series, the first book, Easy, the review for which can be found here

Having read Easy and falling head over hells in love with it, I moved swiftly on to the companion novel, by no means a sequels but rather a prequel, which I had been sent along with Easy. 

Breakable is written by Webber, from the point of view of our swoon-worthy male lead, Lucas aka Landon, (aka my favourite YA male character). I know many people view companion novels told from the perspective of another character, as an almost cop out for a story, however I think it’s a great idea, not just in this case, but in general as it shows the same story from another angle - a welcome change for me. 

Breakable was just as unputdownable as Easy, and I flew through the 400 or so pages with absolute ease. You’d think that having read the story and knowing what happens, albeit from another view, would mean I’d be bored. Well no sir. I was drawn in again by Webber’s easy storytelling that explored the troubled and heartbreaking past of Lucas, and we get to see this time his struggles first hand, and how his life changed. I was excited to see his reactions, his thought processes, as Jacqueline entered his life and how everything shifted in his balance. 

In Easy, when we saw Lucas through her point of view, we saw a put-together, often calm and composed Lucas - but Webber picked Lucas apart bit by bit and presented him to us in the most raw form - so we got to see the real him. An added bonus, I get to read and devour more about one of my favourite male leads (did I already mention that? Too bad, I will say it again and again until a Lucas of my own appears for me). 


Another great piece of work by Webber who is worming her way into my favourites; I can’t wait to see what comes next in the series, and urge you all to go pick up both Easy and Breakable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment