Sunday 21 December 2014

All The Bright Places - Sharing The Quote



Today is the shortest day of the year, which also means that it gets darkest the quickest, leaving us feeling like we’re trapped in an apocalypse, and grunting our way through Christmas shopping. 
However, in light and in spite of that, todays post is going to feature some of my favourite quote from the book, All The Bright Places. 

“For a long time I sit in the car outside my house, afraid to break the spell. In here, the air is close and Violet is close. I’m wrapped up in the day. I love: the way her eyes spark when we’re talking or when she’s telling me something she wants me to know, the way she mouths the words to herself when she’s reading and concentrating, the way she looks at me as if there’s only me, as if she can see past the flesh and bone and bullshit and right into the me that’s there, the one I don’t even see myself.”

Just going to leave that there, so you can all take deep breaths with me, and hold off on all da feelz. 
If you’re one of those people who enjoys getting their heart ripped out and handed to them whilst reading a book (John Green fans, I’m looking at you) or you just need a book that makes you realise how real reality (tongue twister much) is, then you need to get your chubby little hands on this book. 

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister's recent death.

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.

It’s being published in January 8th people, I repeat, JANUARY 8TH, coming from Penguin Random House, who were gracious enough to get me involved in getting this book out to zee people *points at you all*. Armed with an early proof copy they kindly gave me, I’ve picked out some of my favourite quote from the book above, which I am going to share with you today. Be sure to stop by the blog on January 4th, when I’ll be posting my review on the book. Click on the hashtag #AllTheBrightPlaces to see other quotes people have been sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment