Tuesday 24 June 2014

Easy (Contours Of The Heart #1) - Tammara Webber; Review.


Book Details:
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Penguin (3 Jan 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0141347449
ISBN-13: 978-0141347448
Sourced: Review/purchase/gift.

Summary:
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn't easy...

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her saviour...

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he'd worked so hard to overcome, and the future she'd put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth - and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

Links To Buy:





Rating:
Review:

When an extract from this book landed across my desk last year, I was sold, hook line and sinker. I’d read barely one chapter and all I wanted was to get my hands on a copy of this book to devour it. Sadly, university work engulfed me (thanks, LSE) and the book dropped to the dark recesses of my mind. However, recently, the companion novel to this book was released and a very kind individual from Penguin got in touch with me to review the new release - offering along with it, the first book. Needless to say, I grabbed both books with both hands (almost a tongue twister there) and I couldn’t hold back a review any longer. 

I am prone to devouring books within a few hours when I love it - and this was no exception. Easy follows the story of Jacqueline and Lucas who cross paths after an unfortunate night - yet what comes after is a heart warming story of struggle, love and trust.

Webber’s writing is one of my favourite kinds - everything flows together so well and makes the whole story so much easier to get through in a handful of hours. The characters she creates in this book are wonderful - it wasn’t just a story about a boy and girl but also draws in issues such as rape, sexual consent, and self defence - issues which she tackled sensitively and at the same time sent out a strong message about what is right. 

Jacqueline and Lucas are two very well constructed individuals - and boy oh boy will you girls fall for Lucas. With a bad-boy image and past to his name - you’ll instantly be drawn to him, but his soft, passionate and protective manner will grab hold of you and before you know it, you’ll be sitting on the floor, clutching this book at 3:40am and swaying left and right from his swoon-worthy personality. *cough* okay I’ll stop gushing. But hands down Lucas is one of my favourite male YA characters, EVER. Yep. I went there. I added the “ever”. 

Is this turning into a gush fest? Probably. I’ll attempt some more coherency. Where were we?
Yes. Webber does an excellent job of bringing together a very strong story with extremely likeable characters which are guaranteed to draw you in. There’s love, loss, and redemption, all wrapped together to leave you patting your heart, telling yourself it’s all okay, by the time you finish.

I absolutely loved reading this book and class it as one of my favourites, and add it to my list of books that I’ll be reaching for again and again when I want something to warm my heart. 

Review for the companion novel, “Breakable” - told from Lucas’ point of view, will be coming in the next weeks so be on the look out for it. I can't wait to get my hands on more of Webber's work. 


I’d like to thank Penguin for giving me this book for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment