Saturday 16 August 2014

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines Series #4) - Richelle Mead; Review


Book Details:
Paperback: 448 pages
Publisher: Penguin (19 Nov 2013)
Language: Unknown
ISBN-10: 0141350083
ISBN-13: 978-0141350080
Source: Review/Purchased/Gift

Summary:
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Links To Buy:




Rating:
Review:
I’m having a somewhat hard time believing that we’re slowly coming to the end of this series! After The Fiery Heart, there’s only 2 more books left before everything is wrapped up. I’m going to hold back the sobs for the time being and march on with the review. Look for my review on the next book in this series which I have already read, called “Silver Shadow” - the review for which can be found on the blog in the next week or two. 

Also, be sure to backtrack and check out my reviews for the previous 3 books which are linked here - Bloodlines #1The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3). Also forgive me if this review just sounds like it’s started off in the middle of nowhere and not the usual reviewing format you’ve come to see. Since we’re in the middle of a series here, I’m just posting what I feel and have come to see from the books.

Anyway. I’m going to start by stating, that one of the best things that has stayed constant for me throughout this series, is Sydney herself, and the character development I’ve come to see from her. If you’ve read Vampire Academy, you’ll probably be able to cast your mind back to how much she hated the supernatural and her very cautious and stiff manner when she was with Rose. But I’m so happy with the way Mead has allowed Sydney to develop as her own character in this series, and even though at times I don’t agree with the choices Sydney makes, I still love what I’ve come to see of her. In Fiery Heart, everything Sydney had known about her world as an Alchemist has been turned upside down, and she’s reeling from the discoveries she’s made and what this could mean for the world as she knows it. With her wits, resources and intelligence about her, she’s damn sure to make all the right choices.

The book is told from alternating viewpoints from Adrian (swoon upon swoon) and Sydney. I love Adrian. Let’s just put it out there. Mead has whipped up yet another badboy who I’ve just come to love more and more over the course of this series, and you will too. He’s a badass, witty, intelligent, and when it comes to Sydney, a vulnerable little puppy. I’ve been rooting for these 2 for so long and Fiery Heart definitely seems their passions light up *wink wink*. If you’re after the Sydrian feels, you’re damn well gonna get it in this book *fist pump*. 

Despite not having as much action as I would have liked, this book is one of my favourites from the series so far, and part of that is down to the alternating viewpoints, as well as the inclusion of some of my favourites from Vampire Academy, who we get to see when Sydney and co visit the Moroi Courts. Rose, Dimitri, Abe, Lissa, Christian. I loved them in VA and I’m glad Mead wound them into this book. Can I also add that I’m so glad I’m not the only one who wants to strangle Zoe? #SuckUpNumberOne LOL

Effortless as always, Mead’s writing makes it so easy to whizz through this book within a day and that’s exactly what I did. The ending, as much as it shocked some readers, I loved it, because let’s face it, we’d never be happy with a happy and uneventful ending. With this being one of the best books of the whole series, I can gladly award this 5 stars and I can’t wait to read the final book once it’s out (by which I mean I’ll be reading it through my tears of saying goodbye to the series). 


Thanks as always to Penguin for sourcing me this book for review. You guys are dabomb.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment